Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

automotive EFTPOS battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

krawczuk

this is a eftpos charger from a vehicle. but looking at the input dc to the charger there is two seperate negatives... to the left you can see the red wire to charge sla battery , but the negative doesnt connect up to anything , just goes to the green power connector, can i just join both negatives together ?. i want to use it to power a low voltage led light instead of a eftpos unit..

Attachments

• rsz_img_20191224_133034.jpg
    rsz_img_20191224_133034.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 227
I suspect it is done like that so that when the DC power connector the the charger board is not plugged in there is no leakage back in the the charger board to discharge the battery. I have never heard of eftpos chargers so I know nothing about them. By "it" do you mean the power supply that feeds the charger or the SLA battery ?

Les.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back