Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Autocutoff and restore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need (edit) an analog circuit that upon switching on, after a few seconds, deactivates for a constant time (of the order of few hours), during which subsequent presses don't turn on my load (an LED). After the passage of that duration of a few hours, the circuit again becomes active for a single press and so on. Please help.

Last edited:
Thanks. I was eyeing an Analog Circuit. The time duration is too high for Capacitors to be practical. Is there some other way?

There's always 'another way', but it will be much more complicated, much more expensive, and probably much less accurate.

One 8 pin PIC, an odd resistor and capacitor, and that's the lot for a micro-controller.

The easiest approach for such a long period, other than a uc, is to use a CD4060 counter/oscillator, such as shown here.

The easiest approach for such a long period, other than a uc, is to use a CD4060 counter/oscillator, such as shown here.

Which is still pretty inaccurate as it uses a crude free running oscillator, and considerably more parts than a PIC version would - where the internal oscillator would be many times more accurate, even though it's not a crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back