Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Auto recharge of inverter batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Is it possible to recharge the feeding battery(ies) with the inverted voltage of the same pwm inverter? If yes, could somebody help provide me with the cicuit diagram, please.

I would say no....Your proposal isnt the standard way of using an inverter...

It is usual to provide a mains supply to a battery charger feeding a battery bank, that then in turn feeds the inverter, which in turn feeds a static switch.
The load is either fed by the inverter with the batteries float charging or else via the mains directly if the inverter is offline...

A static switch is placed in circuit to allow transferable switching with 'no disturbance' to the load, being syncronised to the incoming supply..

Last edited:
Hi,
I have seen from the previous postings that it is not possible to the output supply of the same inverter to recharge its battery. Thank a million times for your insight. I need to solve a problem with your assistance. So, other than driving an AC motor to produce, probably the desirable voltage, is it possiblbe to use an AC supply from a different inverter for charging the running battery? my e- mail is: onmata_eddy@yahoo.com

I would suggest you're looking for pertetual motion, which is an impossibility - it can't be done, silly idea.

Unless you mean something completely different?, you're not very clear.

You need something that generates power to charge the batteries. Inverters only convert power from one form to another, not generate it.

You will need a solar panel, generator, AC mains, etc to charge the batteries. No way around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back