Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Mixer/amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinpruente

I want to make a 8 Channel audo mixer with an amplifier built into it. The reason for this is that i have recently joined a band, and we want to port everything straight into pc for editing. I have the software aspect covered, but i need some help with teh actual mixer. here is what i am trying to do.

Make an 8 channel audio mixer with an amplifier integrated somewhere in it, with a left and right sub channel for each channel to have stereo sound for each channel. I would idealy have a knob potentiometer, not fader to control the balance of the subchannels within each channel. Inputs are going to be RCA female jacks, and one output of stereo sound, to be connected to the pc mic jack. I would like to control the amplification somewhere from 15 to 50 watts. I would hope to fit all of this onto a single circuit board, or at the very least, in a single box.

Any help you can offer is much appreciated.

dustinpruente said:
I want to make a 8 Channel audo mixer with an amplifier built into it. The reason for this is that i have recently joined a band, and we want to port everything straight into pc for editing. I have the software aspect covered, but i need some help with teh actual mixer. here is what i am trying to do.

Make an 8 channel audio mixer with an amplifier integrated somewhere in it, with a left and right sub channel for each channel to have stereo sound for each channel. I would idealy have a knob potentiometer, not fader to control the balance of the subchannels within each channel. Inputs are going to be RCA female jacks, and one output of stereo sound, to be connected to the pc mic jack. I would like to control the amplification somewhere from 15 to 50 watts. I would hope to fit all of this onto a single circuit board, or at the very least, in a single box.

It will cost you a LOT more to build one than buy one, try looking at the Behringer range of mixers - good quality at a low price. As your amplifier output requirements are so low, you could use your normal home stereo amplifer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back