Audio Connector Crimp Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

vne147

Hello everyone. I am hoping that someone can help me find two different styles of crimp pins. Both of these came out of the stereo wiring harness from a 2014 Kia Optima EX. Unfortunately, I don't know what brand they are. There are no markings on the pins themselves that I could make out and the only thing written on the plastic connector housing is a very small "CL 3". I spent about an hour looking through Mouser. I found a lot of similar pins but no exact matches. I attached some pictures of the pins. Please let me know if I can help with any clarifications or additional info. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the type 1 pin is crimped to 22 AWG wire and the type 2 pin is crimped to 16 AWG wire.

Last edited:
I don't have a caliper to really get in there and get a good measurement but the best I could tell was that the pitch on the smaller pins is 2mm and the pitch on the larger pins is 4mm.

The connector is part of a harness that came with an aftermarket stereo I'm installing in my car so it's from the stereo to the car. I thought about just buying another harness and cannibalizing it but that costs about $20 so if I could find just the pins, I'd prefer that.

I attached a few pics of the connector housing. I looked at the link you sent but I didn't see anything similar.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks.

Not sure of the pin size but looks rather similar to the pins made by EDAC used on their sealed plugs?
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Not sure of the pin size but looks rather similar to the pins made by EDAC used on their sealed plugs?
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Thanks Vtech. I'll look over the datasheets and see if I can make those work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…