Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanya

Hi,

pls can anyone tell mi what an audio bus is excatly. I wiill be needing it for a telephone project whcih I am working on.
Thanks,
Nanya

Nothing 'exactly' explainable that I'm aware of, a bus in electronics is typically a method for distributing signals, audio would imply the signal is audio. Other than that the question doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

A generic bus is a collection of connection points for related signals that can be accessed by a number of different devices or circuits.

I'm currently building a system that uses an 8-channel audio bus. Each bus channel can be either an input or an output for 4 preamp channels, two power amp channels, a two channel audio mixer, and assorted audio connectors, as well as supplying inputs to transmitters and other circuits. (in case anyone is wondering, it is part of my "Penny's Computer Book" project)

This is just one example of what a typical audio bus might be.

Thanks, TheVictim, I think ur explanantion has really cleared things up for me. really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back