Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Audio amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixnum

Dear Friend,

I need a powerful audio amplifier circuit diagram. The IC of the amp should be available all over the world like India. Can you have any information about it ?Tell me which ICs are very popular and easily available and powerful also !

Thank you,

Have a nice day !

What's this for?

Please provide more information.

More questions than answers:

A. How powerful? What about voltage, bandwidth, etc?
B. IC, discrete components, solid-state, vacuum tube, etc??
C. Availability - is India the country of concern or do you really mean all countries?
D. By "very popular" do you mean used often by manufacturers alone, hobbyists.

Why not go to an Indian website and ask there what amp ICs are available there?

Here it is my required specifications of audio amplifier :

Maximum Supply Voltage - 40volts
Maximum Output Power - 60watts
Maximum Output Current - 6amp
Bandwidth - 20hz-20khz
Gain - 50db
Load Resistance - 8ohms
Input Resistance - 50kohms
Popular - Hobbyist
Availability - India (More powerful than LA4440)
It should be IC

Your spec's don't go together.
60W RMS into 8 ohms is a voltage of 62V peak-to-peak. The amplifier would need to be two bridged amplifiers or it must have a supply of at least 68VDC.

Your little 40V supply will make an amplifier have about 34V peak-to-peak into 8 ohms which is only 18W RMS.

The LM3886 IC by National Semi uses a 70V supply to produce 60W into 8 ohms at 0.002% distortion at 1kHz.

Maybe in India it's 60 watts IHF rating not RMS or continuous. Remember the old IHF rating? Indian Hi Fi ;)

I think the electrical power distribution system in India is terrible. When the amp plays a loud tone of 18W then all the lights in the neighbourhood dim.
If somebody in the neibourhood tuns on a heater or hair dryer then everybody's lights dim.

The above LM IC is ideal. Also STK series by Sanyo will fulfill your requirements.

Maximum Supply Voltage - 40volts -
Yes
Maximum Output Power - 60watts
Yes & more than
Maximum Output Current - 6amp
Yes & below
Bandwidth - 20hz-20khz
Closer
Gain - 50db
Closer
Load Resistance - 8ohms
Yes
Input Resistance - 50kohms
Yes
Popular - Hobbyist
Yes
Availability - India (More powerful than LA4440)
Yes
It should be IC
Yes
Distortion
:rolleyes:

Dear Audioguru,

Probably you have no idea of present condition of the electrical power distribution system in India. I invite you to come India and see how much you are wrong. As far as my knowledge is concern, I know my country more than you. If you think I speak too much ,please forgive me !

Thank you,

Have a nice day !

On another forum, a guy in India was trying to drive some high power LEDs directly from the mains.
He said his mains works for only a few hours per day and its voltage varies all over the place.

Between people, politics, electricity, weather, and rocky marriages, there's alot of instability in this world!:rolleyes:

Dear HiTech,

Here it is the answers of your instability question :

Between people - Mental Distortion
Politics - Ideological Distortion
Electricity - Technical Distortion
Weather - Natural Distortion
Rocky marriages - Trustfulness Distortion

I hope if we look deep into these problem, then we will definitely solve it soon.

Thank you,

Have a nice day !

pixnum said:
How I can get bass effect from an audio amplifier by adding passive/active components ?
A cheap tiny speaker is too cheap and is too small to produce low bass frequencies.

I have a cheap clock radio with a 3" speaker that sounded terrible without any bass frequencies.
So I replaced its cheap speaker with a better 3" one, I made a new more powerful power amplifier and I made a bass-boost circuit that boosts 100Hz up to 20dB (10 times the voltage).
Its volume control is tapped so at low levels it has full bass boost, at medium levels its has medium bass boost so it is not distorted and at max volume it has no bass boost and still has no distortion.
It sounds like a pretty big stereo system but it is just a little cheap clock radio with a few mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back