Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Atpw524

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudman75

I have an atpw524 3in 1 welder plasma cutter, tig and stick welder. I’ve owned it for about four months and the other day I was cutting a piece of metal and the overheat lights come on and now when I power it up and hit the trigger, the light comes on and I get no spark. Also, if I start it in stick mode, the lights come on instantly. It’s an inverter machine and has two switches on the front (one dptt and one dpst) when I test the switches for continuity, they test fine. Also, I’ve opened it up and fully inspected all the parts and can’t find anything wrong (ie; no scorched pcbs or swollen capacitors or anything else that I can see and all other testing is a deadend). The switches are cheap and I’m wondering if even though they test ok, could that be my problem? Am I missing something? I have a mm and power supply but my testing equipment is limited and my experience in electronics is nill at best. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Is it still under warranty?

It is under warranty but I’m having trouble contacting the company. Big mistake buying off eBay but if I’m stuck with it, I just want other options in case I have to fix it.

Ok here’s my dilemma...... I bought this Chinese welder for $300 on e*^%. ( not bad to get into a welding outfit). I upgraded the leads and did some other modifications,ie; copper leads to the control board(copper instead of aluminum), but the thing is, during my modifications, I dropped a piece of screw on the main board and fired it up. Not sure if it fried the board or not or fried a switch. Plastic 15 amp switches. Or the board. Nothing on the boards look burnt (I checked them all. Out and back in. ) I’m planning on buying another welder just like this one for parts and I can get into it for another $200 and the price drops everyday. Also I’m learning electronics and what to see if I can diagnose and fix it myself. I have testing equipment(and basic knowledge of electronic, plus mm, ocilliscope,) nothing burnt, anywhere. I have updated switches and will keep you informed as to my progress. In the meantime, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back