Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

atomic magnetism, artificial gravity

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjyates

a few years ago I built a wimshurst machine it works
Very well. with it i have been able to pick up small objects (1/4" balls of cork, wood,
poket fuzz and some others. with this mechine its hard to controll its voltage currant and freq. really its imposable. so I would like to copy its power output with a solid state device.(so maybe i can lift diffrent and or larger objects)
From what I have read and this is a rough guess its power output is
Around 150,000v somewhere in the high Hz to low kHz range and
Extremely low currant
I have a NST 1500v @ .60ma.
I thought of building 2, 10-stage voltage multiplier, one with its diods
reversed witch would give me my +\- polaritys @ 15000v
this would also drop my currant by 10 and give me .06ma (so i have resently been told)(thanks)
my problem is i still need to raise the freq. i thought of converting 120v to
a oscillating and veriable square wave prior to my NST but im not sure if that will work
any help,ideas or maybe even a hole concept would be greatly apreciated

wjyates

That's a lot of fancy unreal words for what you're really making which is a basic static electric device. There are blueprints and schematics of unheard of quantities on the net already for this.

Artificial gravity?

That sounds like magic to me.

Why did you make 2 identical posts in this board?

Because he likes SPAM?

Last edited:
That's a lot of fancy unreal words for what you're really making which is a basic static electric device. There are blueprints and schematics of unheard of quantities on the net already for this.
wjyates tesla coils and vandegraffs are not what i need
so if you have a site you think i should see please post it

Why did you make 2 identical posts in this board?
=
1. they are not identical
2. did not know how to delete the first
3. did not receive a very good responce
4. still haven't
5. so you wouldn't get board

Last edited:
As has been said, it's just static electricity - basically rubbing a comb on a piece of cloth, it's not 'anti-gravity' or anything like that.

BTW, it's not AC, static electricity has to be DC - try the front of a CRT TV screen, you get a similar static from the front of that.

As has been said, it's just static electricity - basically rubbing a comb on a piece of cloth, it's not 'anti-gravity' or anything like that.

BTW, it's not AC, static electricity has to be DC - try the front of a CRT TV screen, you get a similar static from the front of that.

question ? isn't electricity or energy the same. isn't AC just DC that is alternating. isn't static energy AC or DC at a higher voltage and freq

like i said befor i think i have an idea on how to make this work. (read above)
i don't want any one to build it for me. (thats the fun part)
but if someone would let me know if i'm on the track that would help
or even point me in a new direction.
i'll do the foot work.(libarary/internet, whatever) i'll make the parts play nice

question ? isn't electricity or energy the same.

Electricity is a form of energy.

isn't AC just DC that is alternating. isn't static energy AC or DC at a higher voltage and freq

No, static electricity is just electrons stripped off, it MUST be DC, it can't possibly be AC.

like i said befor i think i have an idea on how to make this work. (read above)
i don't want any one to build it for me. (thats the fun part)
but if someone would let me know if i'm on the track that would help
or even point me in a new direction.
i'll do the foot work.(libarary/internet, whatever) i'll make the parts play nice

Use the multiplier on your 1500V like you suggested (I'm presuming the 1500V is AC?) - but I suspect your entire premise is flawed?.

You might have a look at this site

**broken link removed**

Is that the sort of thing you're thinking about?.

wjyates - just because it hasn't been done dosn't mean it can't
besides it's fun to try

Yes it does, lots of things are physically imposssible, like creating something for nothing.

Gravity is generated by mass and nothing else, no object with a strong gravitational force and a low mass has been observed in the universe so it's reasonable to believe that it's impossible to generate gravity without a large mass.

Electricity is a form of energy.

No, static electricity is just electrons stripped off, it MUST be DC, it can't possibly be AC.

Use the multiplier on your 1500V like you suggested (I'm presuming the 1500V is AC?) - but I suspect your entire premise is flawed?.

You might have a look at this site

**broken link removed**

Is that the sort of thing you're thinking about?.

yes my NST produces AC voltage. and yes the output i'm looking for is DC
what part do you think is flawed? the multipliers or trying to chang the freq
befor the NST

please read my replay to hero999 it may explane what i'm trying to do

Last edited:
Yes it does, lots of things are physically imposssible, like creating something for nothing.

Gravity is generated by mass and nothing else, no object with a strong gravitational force and a low mass has been observed in the universe so it's reasonable to believe that it's impossible to generate gravity without a large mass.

yes you are absolutly right. and from all the physics book i have read that is
the best explanation i can get.

this is my theory and i could be wrong but it's all i have to work with.
what is mass? in my opion mass is a bunch of atoms. so if you break down that mass to one atom what do you have?

now this is where my theory comes in. lets look at helium because it's the first
atom with more than one protron. protrons are + and in my head 2 + should
not want to be next to each other. next theory, neutrons are said to be neutral energy or equal energy. i beleave neutral energy attracts all other energy + and - and thats what holds the protrons in place. the electron wants to be pulled in but it's rotation holds it in place.

last but not least the outer most shell of a atom is said to be neutral if that is
true and all neutral energy attracts then maybe that is why atoms want to stick togehter. at least partly

now if you add up all the atoms in our earth, our mass' now multiply
that by their neutral energy. you would have a pretty larg mass of energy.
one that might even extend past our mass and be able to grab lighter gasses
and create a atmosphere

i maybe right' i maybe wrong, but for now it's all i have to work with.

i've also done some testing with my wimshurst mechine that may or may not
confirm what i have said. and thats why i want to build a solid state vertion
so i can do more and better testing and maybe even confirm my theory or not. and if not. well, it will have been fun trying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back