Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Atmega328 usb midi

Status
Not open for further replies.

beakie

Anyone got any experience using the arduino/ATMEGA328 with midi over USB?

I have found some forum threads online where people have tried to do it using the arduino's usb chip ...but I don't actually want to use an arduino ...just a standalone atmega328.

I intend to make a midi controller for cubase etc... I have managed to get midi working using a midi port but would like to try it over USB.

I am not entirely sure what I need to do. I read so many different threads online I am now quite confused. I guess I need a USB driver or something?

I have the USB MIDI documentation from usb.org but haven't gone through it yet.... will do now. If anyone has any experience/understanding of what needs doing... please let me know!

Thanks
G

Can Cubase address an COM Port ?
Then you can use a VCP Driver for the FT232RL.
This driver generates an virtual COM Port.
The Speed of the Port must been 31250Bits/s ,8Bit ,No parity,1 Stopbit.

The Midi Out can be driven direct from the FTDI TXD, an 220Ohm Resistor must be included in the line.
At the Input must be an Optocoupler. Best the PC900 from Sharp.

The Controller is not necessary for Midi Translation.
You can scan the MiDi datas with Microcontoller and generate Actions that appends from the MiDi Datas.

Was that the Question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back