Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Atmega, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, I2C - Noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=Hulk=-

Hello

I'm trying to design a PCB which will host a M.2 LTE Modem and antenna just behind.
I need to avoid EMI as much as possible, but I don't have any scope to make measurements .
So I'm trying to follow the best practices.

The board has the following IC and buses:
- Atmega @8MHz with external oscillator
- INA260 current/voltage sensors, I2C 100kbps
- Temp/humidity SI7013 sensor, I2C 100kbps
- IMU, I2C 100kbps
- LTC4367 overvoltage protection IC with charge-pump (400kHz???) to drive the Mosfet
- USB 3 + USB 2 Mux (2.5GHz and 48MHz)
- SIM Card MUX (1-4MHz)
- 1-Wire bus

So, my questions?
- Would it be a good idea to use a tin shield can over that stuff? Or would the tin can harm the performances of the LTE antenna located just behind (800-2600MHz)
- Is it useful to add a ferrite bead on the Vcc line of the ICs, to avoid escaping of high frequency noise?

Thank you

Is it useful to add a ferrite bead on the Vcc line of the ICs, to avoid escaping of high frequency noise?
The ICs need a capacitor from Vcc to ground at the power pin. Then you can add a bead if you want.
Would it be a good idea to use a tin shield can over that stuff? Or would the tin can harm the performances of the LTE antenna located just behind (800-2600MHz)
The antenna needs to be outside the can. If the can works it would also keep the RF signal inside the can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back