Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AT 230W SMPS circuit diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamikrudra

Hello
i have an 230W smps with out load it gives all the output but on load it colps after start if any one can give me the idea what is wrong in this PS.

shamikrudra said:
Hello
i have an 230W smps with out load it gives all the output but on load it colps after start if any one can give me the idea what is wrong in this PS.

First thing to check! - all electrolytics for low ESR!. However, you should bear in mind that a PC power supply probably won't run without a load, and certainly won't run properly!.

The +5V output always need serious load for proper work.(min.2...5A)
Sometimes cannot start with automotive (50..100W) bulbs, because the cold resistance too low.
As Nigel said, the capacitor's ESR test is a good idea, in my exprience the one year old PSU have 60..70% bad caps!

shamikrudra said:
Hello

i have found transister 4242 blown i have replaced it, 330uf200V with 330uf250V only -12V is showing -10.56V and +12V is 11.8 is my TL494 working fine after chenging ? my PS is JNC make 230W AT type can i get circuit diagram of this PS?

The measured values are good, all values depends from load, except the +5V. Here is a sematic, not exactly for Your PSU, but the solutions are same and give a good startpoint.

Attachments

• compow11.gif
    compow11.gif
    62.7 KB · Views: 4,269
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back