Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assembly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the good old Picstart Plus to do most of my development on, but I understand from looking at other posts on this forum that there may be a better/cheaper option?

I know there was a....erm....."backup" of the picstart floating about online, I am not sure how up-to-date this is now though.

I would start with a nice easy processor, something like a 16f628/627a would be a good starting point, they have a lot of what you will need, without too many vices and complications.

I understand that Nigel has a lot of tutorials on his web site that should get you going! A good starting point is the "hello world" of micro's..... flash an LED!

Good luck, let us know how you get on!

Last edited:
Marks256 said:
Did you build that from scratch? What does the LED display do? That is cool how you must manualy enter all the data through switches. Very cool. Have you made anything usefull from it yet?
Yes I built it from scratch, using 22guage wire and it didn't work (shorts everywhere) then from 30g and it was good. It had a wood frame, (just like many commercial computers at the time had wooden sides)

The Q LED was simply it's 1 bit output port. Ahh the old days....

Useful, no. But I used to be able to toggle in a program in short order.

yes, i will look into the 16f628.

Oh, and i love the eprom programmer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back