assembly language

Status
Not open for further replies.

soohino

im doing a project. it deals with a 8-bit ADC to convert my analog data into digitized data then the data would be fit into 8052. after processing, the digitized data would be output in 7 segment display.

analog data > ADC > 8052 microC > BCD decoder > 7 segment display

i have no idea how to start off to write my assembly language code. anyone have a hint for me how to write it?? thanks!!

I can't help you with 8052 code, but there's no need for a BCD decoder, the micro can do everything required quite easily.

If you would like to use a PIC instead, my tutorials show everything you need - plus it's a cheap single chip solution.

Thanks nigel.
btw my project has to be done with 8052 micro. concerning about the BCD, u mean i just need to write the code to output the data as demical value, no BCD chip is needed, am i right??

Anyone has any idea about how to start with assembly language?

soohino said:
Thanks nigel.
btw my project has to be done with 8052 micro. concerning about the BCD, u mean i just need to write the code to output the data as demical value, no BCD chip is needed, am i right??

You can use a simple lookup table in the assembler code to directly output the segment data for the displays - it's an EXTREMELY common and simple technique.

In any case, a BCD chip isn't what you would need anyway, there seems little point converting to BCD in the micro just to feed a display chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…