Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

assembly language

Status
Not open for further replies.

soohino

im doing a project. it deals with a 8-bit ADC to convert my analog data into digitized data then the data would be fit into 8052. after processing, the digitized data would be output in 7 segment display.

analog data > ADC > 8052 microC > BCD decoder > 7 segment display

i have no idea how to start off to write my assembly language code. anyone have a hint for me how to write it?? thanks!!

soohino said:
im doing a project. it deals with a 8-bit ADC to convert my analog data into digitized data then the data would be fit into 8052. after processing, the digitized data would be output in 7 segment display.

i have no idea how to start off to write my assembly language code. anyone have a hint for me how to write it?? thanks!!

I can't help you with 8052 code, but there's no need for a BCD decoder, the micro can do everything required quite easily.

If you would like to use a PIC instead, my tutorials show everything you need - plus it's a cheap single chip solution.

Thanks nigel.
btw my project has to be done with 8052 micro. concerning about the BCD, u mean i just need to write the code to output the data as demical value, no BCD chip is needed, am i right??

Anyone has any idea about how to start with assembly language?

Nigel Goodwin said:
soohino said:

I can't help you with 8052 code, but there's no need for a BCD decoder, the micro can do everything required quite easily.

If you would like to use a PIC instead, my tutorials show everything you need - plus it's a cheap single chip solution.

soohino said:
Thanks nigel.
btw my project has to be done with 8052 micro. concerning about the BCD, u mean i just need to write the code to output the data as demical value, no BCD chip is needed, am i right??

You can use a simple lookup table in the assembler code to directly output the segment data for the displays - it's an EXTREMELY common and simple technique.

In any case, a BCD chip isn't what you would need anyway, there seems little point converting to BCD in the micro just to feed a display chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back