Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Assembly language

Status
Not open for further replies.
to reverse engineer software, what else? i've poked around with something similar in the past (actually it was "reverse assembler"), and it wasn't very effective, since reverse assembling from code to assembler can't always tell the difference between instructions and data. it's like translating from chinese to english without knowing grammar. and going from assembler to a high level language like C can be even worse... there can be many ways to render a C function in assembler

to reverse engineer software, what else? i've poked around with something similar in the past (actually it was "reverse assembler"), and it wasn't very effective, since reverse assembling from code to assembler can't always tell the difference between instructions and data. it's like translating from chinese to english without knowing grammar.

Going from HEX to assembler is no problem, the context tells you if it's data or instruction.

The main problem though if what the original file was written using, if it was written using C, it usually produces really horrible and difficult to understand assembler.

The OP said ASM to C. Maybe they want to make the code portable. But that would probably be a real mess unless all the hardware is mapped the same.

As Nigel said, you will have a mess going HEX to C. HEX to ASM you will have less of a mess but no real comments in the ASM file.

There are cross compilers to go ASM to ASM.

Last edited:
Hello
Is there any software for converting Assembly language to C_language

Is this for a microprocessor like a Microchip or Intel type? Are you trying to convert some code written in assembler into C code? If so, go download the chips development tools from the manufacturer and get both the assember and C code compilers. This will allow you to use what is known as "inline assembly" and gradually convert each subroutine into it's C code equivalent.

Is this for a microprocessor like a Microchip or Intel type? Are you trying to convert some code written in assembler into C code? If so, go download the chips development tools from the manufacturer and get both the assember and C code compilers. This will allow you to use what is known as "inline assembly" and gradually convert each subroutine into it's C code equivalent.

That is a manual hard way to do it, see post #7 and change "Delphi" to "C". I guess we really need more details. I'm still not sure if they mean ASM or HEX as the source myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back