Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Asking your idea about this signal generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vedo35

Hi friends since long time i am thinking to buy down link DDS signal generator. There are some kind of types thats generates from 2 Mhz till 60 Mhz. Of course price going also higher. I was thinking to buy 40 mhz one. But i am confused. Which model is better for my experiments and hobby things. Who bought and using this DDS signal generator? What is your opinon? Buy 20mhz or 40mhz. I dont know which one is better.. Thanks for your advices..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FY2...lgo_pvid=b7bb5b38-398b-41e4-b775-3540e490ddaf

... Which model is better for my experiments and hobby things. ...
Only you can decide the frequency range that will suit your needs, vedo35. What do you anticipate will be the frequencies needed for your experiments and hobbies?

It is a nice extra feature that the device (that you linked to) will also function as a frequency meter, with a range going up to 100MHz.

Most DDS signal generator have distortion near the highest frequency. They usually have a low pass filter on the output set at the highest frequency. So if 20mhz is the limit there probably will be a 21mhz filter. A sign wave will pass just fine. A square or saw tooth wave will be distorted by the filter. There are different ways of making these generators and different types of filters....but if you only work to 1mhz it does not matter. If you plan on getting real good 10mhz then think about the faster generator.

Thanks for your advice and hints. Actually i am thinking general purpose experiments (like high power/signal drive with mosfets, elektromagnetic experiments, in the water high frequency indicators drive etc.. ). For this experiments actually i need any max frequancy limit. depending to sittuation maybe i need 10mhz, 20 or 30mhz.. So when i use i will see..

The circuits you mentioned suggest you need a square wave, some sig gens have a lower limit on the square wave o/p, check this before buying.

Thanks pepper especially i already checked for square and triangle waves. This device max 25mhz for square, triangle 20mhz. I dont know for my experiments will i use sinus :meh: i am not sure for it. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back