Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ask for the principle of error amplifier in PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

swear_swear

I have noticed that all the PWM control need a error amplifier for amplifier the difference of the Voltage reference signal and the feedback signal.
But I would like to know: :?: :?: :?:
1) the amplifier is seem as a comparator and a oper amp? if it is seem as a oper amp, is it have a very large gain?
2) for a large gain oper amp, then the output of the error amplifier will seem like a square pulse or a chopped sine wave?
3) how can I doing compensation for those error amplifier design, what value should I add (R and C) and how should I design? is it followed any rule (operating frequency?)
4) if the feedback signal have a quite big difference when compare with the Vref, will the error amplifier go to unstable operation? is there any range for the feedback signal in between?

As i am a newie in electronic, can anyone help me to solve such hard stuff? Thank you very much~
:wink: :wink: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back