Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ASCII File For PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuchy143

Hi All,

I have a PCB which I had a vendor do the layout. They did the design in Altium and when we have a different vendor stuff my boards they have import issues with Altium when trying to import the ASCII file. Does anyone have any ideas as to why Altium is doing this? Any widely known issues with the software.

Thanks

Hi wuchy143

We use Altium on a daily basis. The software is backward (and for the most part forward) compatible. The only reason I can think that there would be any issues is if the ascii file being imported was newer than the sofware being used. I guess if you knew the issues being created it would help.
Do you know what version of Altium each party is using?

Best Regards
Alan
Black Stick PCB Layout

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back