Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Are there any AAA batteries that don't freeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

It is -4°F here batteries in the outside digital thermometer are not working. Receiver inside the house show batteries out side are dead. I replaced outside batteries with warm batteries I have in the house now thermometer works again but for how long?

TV says it will warm up to 9°f today.

What type of batteries are you using?.

Duracell AAA batteries are not completely dead 2 in series are low enough they don't work in this outside thermometer. I bought new batteries about 4 months ago, batteries usually last longer than a year. I never keep track of the date they might last longer.

It has warmed up from -2° to 9°F thermometer has come on again all by itself. So 11° warmer is enough for battery to work again.

Last edited:
You could use Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries. I use them in my outdoor weather station.
They are rated for extreme temperatures \( -40 ^{\circ} F - 140^{\circ} F \). They cost a little more than regular batteries and you can find them at Lowes or Home Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back