Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arduino sensors from china

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIntoshCZ

Hi,
do you think those sensors are (or could be) used in industry? I would like to buy some premade sensors boards like "arduino tagged ones" (because i need a lot of them and also i am to lazy...). For example this rain sensor (for my greenhouse project). It costs 0,7$ with shipping. If i look at our market there are only somes made in poland that cost 50$. There are also china resellers that sell those ALI things at tripple prices... Hah funny
I would like to make things at a certain level... Even i make them at a home.
BTW if you know some trusted "arduino tagged" seller can you please reccomend me?

Last edited:
For example this rain sensor (for my greenhouse project). It costs 0,7$ with shipping.
Not exactly a fully engineered solution.
It is just two circuit boards and a bunch of wires, no environmental protection whatsoever.

If i look at our market there are only somes made in poland that cost 50$.
What do the ones from Poland look like?
Do they have proper housings/mountings?
Could that be where the extra $49.30 went?

JimB

Not exactly a fully engineered solution.
It is just two circuit boards and a bunch of wires, no environmental protection whatsoever.

What do the ones from Poland look like?
Do they have proper housings/mountings?
Could that be where the extra $49.30 went?

JimB
It was probably germany instead of poland ( i cant find it know, but this is 80$) :
I dont think that this has price of 80$ its relaywith schmitt trigger inside plastic case.
Its like monitor stand from apple....

Last edited:
The Kemo sensor is a fully engineered product.
It works by capacitively sensing the presence of water.
The detecting element is not exposed to water.
It has a heater to dry the water detecting surface.
It has a sealed housing.

The Chinese rain sensor is just a bag of bits,
It has exposed metalic sensing elements which resisitively detect the presence of water.
It has no housing, no environmental protection.

do you think those sensors are (or could be) used in industry?
The Chinese one, no way.
In the days when I was a project engineer, that (and I) would have been laughed out of the door at the first design review.

The Kemo one, yes.
$80 and the sensors are sorted. Easy.

JimB

The Kemo sensor is a fully engineered product.
It works by capacitively sensing the presence of water.
The detecting element is not exposed to water.
It has a heater to dry the water detecting surface.
It has a sealed housing.

The Chinese rain sensor is just a bag of bits,
It has exposed metalic sensing elements which resisitively detect the presence of water.
It has no housing, no environmental protection.

The Chinese one, no way.
In the days when I was a project engineer, that (and I) would have been laughed out of the door at the first design review.

The Kemo one, yes.
$80 and the sensors are sorted. Easy.

JimB
Ok so those arduino kits are just for kids to learn whats going on.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back