Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Arduino DCF77 decoder, LCD display, Quartz clock motor drive, slave pulses and chimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliverb

Here is the Arduino code for my DCF77 LCD Master Pulse clock.
There are many snippets of code that may be useful for DCF77 display, LCD display, Quartz clock motor drive, slave pulses and quarter/hourly clock chimes.
Here is an animation of the clock running.

LCD_Master_Clock.jpg

There are more details here **broken link removed**

Code to follow

Wow! That's a Great job!

I also have an idea of building a WWVB clock (similar to DCF77, but located in Colorado) when I have time. I even ordered a ferrite rod and enamelled wire from eBay so that I would have them when time comes. Mine will not be nearly as beautiful as yours.

Thanks for that.
I got my DCF77 receiver module ready built from Ebay as it's prob the hardest part of the build.

fantastic work oliver! Really high quality work :)
Thanks ElectroMaster.

I want to try and add auto summer winter time adjustment to the analogue clock. The clock can't go backwards so summer to winter I will have to stop the clock motor pulse for an hour. Winter to summer I will need to send an extra 3600 pulses to advance the clock an hour. I think the clock motor will only take a max of 2 pulses a second so if I send 2 pulses a second (1 normal and 1 extra) it will correct itself in an hour.

I have added DCF77 Pulse Length and Pulse Cycle Length to the LCD display.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

LCD_Master_Clock.jpg
I have added DCF77 Pulse Length and Pulse Cycle Length to the LCD display.
4x20LCD_Display.jpg

**broken link removed**

download code here **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Here's an animation showing the LCD display.
Row 1 Top local time and date
Row 2 Last sync time and status
Row 3 Last Missed/corrected pulse time and Total corrections in last day
Row 4 Pulse length in ms 100=0 200=1 and Cycle time in ms

LCD.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back