arcade game coin problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBgametech

I'm an arcade game tech and I need to be able to use a wireless remote to coin up a game. The wireless remote receiver I have is powered by 12vdc and has 3 wires for connections to the switch contacts of its internal relay. When I click the remote, the internal relay of the receiver stays energized for about 1 second and then deenergizes. When connected to the coin circuit, this 1 second pulse is too long and the game indicates a coin error. How can I convert this 1 second pulse to a much smaller one (a few milliseconds)? I'd like to use as few discrete components as possible for simplicity's sake.

A simple RC differentiator may work at the pulse output. Connect a series capacitor going to a resistor and diode (anode) to ground. Select the RC time constant to give the pulse time you need.

I tried this today and even though I got a quicker pulse, It appears the capacitor stays charged too long or needs power removed in order to get another pulse to go through. I suppose what I am looking for is a way to use this circuit but it needs to be retriggerable within a second or two. Thanks.

You can usually use a diode to discharge the capacitor quickly. Post your schematic if you can.

I actually borrowed this schematic from this site a few days ago before I posted, except the values I used were C = 2200 mF and R = 10K. Instead of hooking up to the coin circuit directly, I'm activating a relay.

Attachments

• RC Relay Delay.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 211
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…