Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Aquiring HardWare - Internationaly Obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiagoSilva

Hi, i'm back to this forum, it's not that i'm a big help here, but i'm back for have some fun here :D .

Well here is my problem :

Where can i aquire some good hi tech hardware, if not in my country ( portugal ) at least, near, like UK or where i could pay the shipment :? .

The material that most interests me is the basic robotics hardware, such as, servos, step motors and that all... here are some shops, but i guess that it would be cheaper to pay the damn shipment fees :?

This country does not promote cience too mutch you know :shock: its more like TV/Radio repair and old electronic stuff.

I have found this NeoDymium magnets and with them one could build motors, very powerfull ones, but where can i buy that here... heh hell with this...

Well dear friend watching this post, if you are familiar with my cause please answer, if you also are a also fellow Portuguese say so :D

Have a nice week, full of trafic and headaches :twisted: Bye, hopping to see some answers soon :lol: .

i know that japan and china has many surplus components that they sell cheap, in my country(philippines)one company imports these stuff: www.e-gizmo.com, but i'm not so sure whether they sell stuff to other countries. well, just explore the site so you can get some ideas about robotic contests, microcontrollers, and components . :D

good point TiagoSilva. Its a problem faced by almost everyone outside
the US and UK.
So we have to look at unconventional sources for the parts.
Though most parts are available in my country (India), I tend to hack things out of junk.

I think thats the solution for everyone. It could be that parts are not available in your country but I bet computers are. And so is computer junk
like old floppy/cd/dvd/hard drives and thats where you get your stepper motors from. old drives sell for less than a dollar in India. old sound cards etc sell for less than 50 cents. Many cards fetch you rare ICs and a lot of connectors.

I personally never used stepper motors. I prefer the DC motors that are used in audio cassete players/VCRs etc. These are obviously easier to find
and cheap. You will also find the controllers for such motors VERY easily.

Yeah it's probably the best and cheapest solution for me :? , still India is larger than Portugal :lol: here are some junkyards for electronic waste but it's more like house machinery ( dish washers, ... ), i had sawn some printers a long time ago but most stuff is broken or burned :lol: .
Anyway thank you all :D, bye.

Here in CA we have tons of surplus stores and I even work in a electronic surplus store myself. Also here is a website on uk about robotic parts and stuff but other then that you will have to get creative.

Portugal produces most types of electronic products and has become an important centre for exports of audio and video equipment, instrumentation and active and passive components. However, in comparison to the rest of Western Europe it remains relatively small accounting for 1.4% of overall electronics production and 1.4% of the market.

These two companies stock just about everything you could ever want.
http://pt.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp
http://www.rs-portugal.com

Here is a robot part's store that has very limited part's but is in uk.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back