Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

application??

Status
Not open for further replies.

seesy123

any one know what is application of remote control car.thanks.because i do project my lecture ask me what is application.my circuit on this website
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/06/126799-2.pdf on page 9..Besides that i also i wan detect the obstacle on my remote control car and it will show on LCD where need to move while detect the obstalce.i wan build the IR sensor on the receiver car control to detect obstalce and while it detect obstalce then it will show the correct direction(where to move)on LCD screen on the transmitter control car .how can i modify it for this website of remote control car to add LCD
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/06/126799-2.pdf on page 9

Why do you keep posting that same datasheet? It's a radio transmitter & receiver for a remote control toy car. It's also unidirectional, the car will not transmit back to the controller so does the LCD go on the car? How will you see it?

If you want to add an LCD display you're going to have to learn about microcontrollers. As for obstacle detection you've got some work cut out for you. When do you have to submit your design?

how do you know it's unidirectional?i think it can move in direction forward,left and so on.i want display correct direction on LCD where it connect to transmitter controller while it detect obstacle and if no detect anything then nothing display on LCD.so i need design a IR sensor independent circuit on receiver car to detect obstacle.so i think need another circuit with microcontroller to display direction on LCD.but i don't know how to connect.this week must pass up my proposal to supervisor..help!!!

You are not reading blueroomelectronics' post correctly - he is telling you that the radio link is unidirectional not the car.

I second that!

seesy123
It looks like you need 2 sets of those, one to control the car (person to car) and one to send data from the car back (car to person).

They also need to be on different frequency's. Then there is the problem of building a circuit to sense objects (pir) and pass that back thru the system to the person / lcd.

This is not as easy as pulling a circuit from a data sheet and it's done.

Don't mean to sound harsh, but I wish I could get away that easy when I was in school, and now at work would be even better..

self learning remote control car

hey,all of you.do you know how to make self-learning remote control car.For example if i control the car using remote control and let it move to 1 track or 1 around.when i press a switch ,it will follow back the previous track that i control without controlling by user.The problem is i don't familar with the PIC16F84..i don't know how to store the previous instrcution that i control the track and save it in memory..any idea.thanks..

If you want to do path recording with a PIC16F...Forget it. There's not nearly enough processing power there. You'd probably have to go with an ARM chip for that.

Last edited:
seesy123:
You have not told us what your background is. What you know about electronics, microcontroller, and what computer languages you program in.

I could be wrong. But based on your posts it seems you are attempting a project that is too complicated.

It is not my intention to discourage you but rather to encourage you to start with a project that is more easily realized. Run before you attempt to run sort of thing.

If I am wrong or not, please fill us in on you abilites so we can better help you !

ArtemisGoldfish:
There are PICs capable of this task.

is ok..actually i'm student.now i need do final year project.previously my title is remote control ca.but lecture want me change title to do self-learning remote control car.i know it's difficult to build.i not very good in circuit design,now i started learning datasheet of the PIC16F84A.i know a bit the MPLAB sofware,some basic C++.i had the remote control car circuit design but i don't know to write the programing and store it in memory.is it need the MATLAB to write the AI(Artificial intelligence )program.but i really not familiar with MATLAB..Plz some one help..thanks

If you are going to do real AI you would want to get a very power processor. The 16F84 is not ever close. I would look at a 16 or 32 bit PIC. Or as ArtemisGoldfish suggested an AVR.

If all you need the car to do is rerun the route you previously ran via remote control that is not AI. All you need to do is compress and store the commands as they come in from the receiver.

The amount of data you store depends on the complexity of your control system. How many of your channels are proportional?

Regardless of the details you want a fast processor with lots of memory to store the data to. You may be able to use onboard flash for this.

The first thing I would do is to better define the project and get you advisor or teacher to sign off on it. We can help you do that here if you want to discuss it.

I have never used MATLAB.

If you have a schematic for you car posting it would help.

what type of PIC have 16 bits.if using PIC16F84A izit no enough space to store in memory.it have 4 channel(forward,backward,left,right)...tomorrow i'll post the schematics.but it is using PIC16F84A...thanks first for you help.

hello guys, dont be surprised at me. well am a beginner and know nothing about pic, even electronic component and how to use and effectively use them. so pls if u can help me i will realy appreciate it

@Seesy1234: A 16 bit PIC series is the 24F if I remember correctly. Very difficult to start immediately like this.

@Odunigba samson: PLEASE MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD.

@Seesy1234: A 16 bit PIC series is the 24F if I remember correctly. Very difficult to start immediately like this.

Going off-topic as I usually do, but is that really the case ("very difficult to start immediately like this")?

I suspect it depends on your background - for someone comfortable in C, handling a 24F with lots of memory and a reasonable C compiler might well be easier than handling a small memory device in asembler with bank switching to worry about ...

I accept there's a lot more example code around on the net for 16F's than for 24F's.

is ok..actually i'm student.now i need do final year project.previously my title is remote control ca.but lecture want me change title to do self-learning remote control car.i know it's difficult to build.i not very good in circuit design,now i started learning datasheet of the PIC16F84A.i know a bit the MPLAB sofware,some basic C++.i had the remote control car circuit design but i don't know to write the programing and store it in memory.is it need the MATLAB to write the AI(Artificial intelligence )program.but i really not familiar with MATLAB..Plz some one help..thanks

I figured this paragraph explains it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back