Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Apple Docking Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpmefixit

First and foremost, i feel i should get this out there, i AM AN ELECTRICAL IGNORAMUS. i have little experience in electrical work, and I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I have a KNG FunkIt ipod docking station. Recently a friend of mine convinced me to bring it on a trip we were taking, and when i returned i could no longer get it to work. I have opened it up and taken a look at it, and i can't see anything obviously broken. It operates of a DC electrical current, and i strongly suspect that this is where the problem lies. It doesn't seem to be getting power.

...help me?

Some photos of the inside of the unit would help people help you.
Spec for the plug pack. Your location. etc

Check first that your plug pack is working. Test it with a voltmeter or something. Then check around the power socket on the board. Check under the board for dry solder (soder?) joints, especially around the power socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back