Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Append wave with DC voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petesmc

Hi,

Quick question. Say i have a 10V square, is there any way, I can append a DC voltage to it? E.g. I have a 5V and 10V rail, I want the final square wave to go from 5V to 10V, instead of the previous 0V to 10V.

Thanks

petesmc said:
Hi,

Quick question. Say i have a 10V square, is there any way, I can append a DC voltage to it? E.g. I have a 5V and 10V rail, I want the final square wave to go from 5V to 10V, instead of the previous 0V to 10V.

Thanks

You can run it into a summing amplifier to add a fixed offset to it.
Give it a gain of 1/2 and an offset of 5V
Takes one op amp and a few resistors (try a google search for it for examples) If you dont have a negative supply, be sure to use a rail to rail opamp.

If you don't need low impedance, you won't need an op amp. A simple voltage divider will work. Connect one resistor from the pulse input to the output, and another resistor of equal value from the output to +10v. For starters, use 10k resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back