Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AOW14N50 half bridge frequency gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

v4000ds

Hello! I have 2 AOW14N50 and want to make a 50kHz 50W oscillator.
This is a piece of the scheme from a Russian article
hf1.gif

I want to use this circuit to power a voltage multiplier
Input voltage up to 12V DC, out 12V AC 50 kHz

I was told that this transistor has too much channel resistance for 12V and 50W. But it is not important to me.

I need a stable working scheme
It is possible to use a quartz
Working conditions: high voltage surges up to 200kV

Hello! I have 2 AOW14N50 and want to make a 50kHz 50W oscillator.
This is a piece of the scheme from a Russian article
View attachment 139193

I want to use this circuit to power a voltage multiplier
Input voltage up to 12V DC, out 12V AC 50 kHz

I was told that this transistor has too much channel resistance for 12V and 50W. But it is not important to me.

I need a stable working scheme
It is possible to use a quartz
Working conditions: high voltage surges up to 200kV
The transistors channel resistance is important.

With a half bridge topology, you're only delivering 6 Volt (Vcc/2) pulses to the transformer primary. So, to run 50 Watts, you'll have ~ 10 Amp pulses. The RDSon of the AOW14N50 is about 0.38 Ohms. Power loss in a resistor (mosfet) is I^2 * R. 10 Amps^2 is 100, times R of 0.38 is 38 Watts of heat in the mosfets. You'll need a big heatsink to keep them from burning up.

I'd suggest using a center tapped primary in a push-pull configuration, with 50 Volt mosfets with RDSon lower than 0.01 Ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back