Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anyone worked with RS485 on the industrial project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jab99407

Has anyone worked with RS485 on the industrial project, I haven't worked on RS485 before I would like to do the project so that I can start learning What would be better for Rs485, PC or Microcontroller

On Industrial level there are typically two types of RS485 protocol. "Profibus" and "Modbus". Siemens, Rocwell, ABB, and many other PLC/DCS related companies use these as their network communication between CPU(s) and I/O(s). These protocols can be over medium such as 2-wire copper, fibre optic or CAT5 or CAT6 for Ethernet.

If you want to learn RS485 (with Modbus) itself bare bones format, I would suggest using Arduino and MAX485 chips. There are many Libraries available. Search for SimpleModbusSlave and SimpleModbusMaster.

On Industrial level there are typically two types of RS485 protocol. "Profibus" and "Modbus". Siemens, Rocwell, ABB, and many other PLC/DCS related companies use these as their network communication between CPU(s) and I/O(s). These protocols can be over medium such as 2-wire copper, fibre optic or CAT5 or CAT6 for Ethernet.

If you want to learn RS485 (with Modbus) itself bare bones format, I would suggest using Arduino and MAX485 chips. There are many Libraries available. Search for SimpleModbusSlave and SimpleModbusMaster.
so I think Modbus is a protocol and RS485 is the interface. What does the interface mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back