Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anyone used/knows/understands ST7 family uC, ST7lite49M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anniyan_x

hi im using a ST7lite49M mcu, im implementing a software UART using its auto reload timer. anyway i have written the code but it not working. i suspect my baud rate calculations are worng and this due to i dono/ i cannot confirm what speed is my cpu running. now thts the problem...like if it a PIC microchip,i know the Fosc/4 and few internal settings or prescalers ul noe wats the speed of per-instruction is running.. the cpu speed. but using a ST7 microcontroller i still cannot find out..how to calculate the clock speed or cpu speed..basicly im using ST7 internal 8M osc...and running at 3.3V... for an example wn i calculate a simple timer to turn on and off a led. the timing is not accurate...the results is based on 4M calculations...so im not sure how the 8M become 4M, even wn i set the internal RCosc to be divided by two..so 8M/2 = 4M, but the results 8M/2 = 4M, then 4M divide by 2..sumwhr it is divided by 2 again..ok it sok about al tht..just i wnat anyone who surely noes how calculate and set the clock speed..or have used ST7 muc,(STmicroelectronics)please feel free to tell how...mayb i missing sum importants data, though i read the datasheets..but the calculations always gets wrong, or i also not sure am i correct or not..

When in doubt look at the output. Program the target to transmit 0x55's and look at it with a scope. If you have a PICkit2 or Junebug(clone) you can use the LA mode tool to look at the bits too.

You may want to setup a PC to xmit at the required baud rate and then just compare the the outputs. If the bits are the same length you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back