Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone here from Prague?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
My daughter and her friend are off to Prague for a weekend in a few weeks, anyone here from that part of the world?.

What's it like there this time of year?.

I've never been there but it's supposed to be a good place to go but it'll probably be cold over there now.

Like we will probably be by next week.:D

Attachments

• Met Office_ Bedford & Derby forecast.pdf
    340.6 KB · Views: 226
Snow? Is each snowflake really not the same. Typical day here. :)

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Hi Nigel,

petrv is from Prague. Interpreting correctly the weather there is not the
friendliest at this time.

He's living in Israel.

Hans

You all should visit here. I could show you all the good spots. In turn I would like to visit your side of the world :)

Here are some pictures of the UK.

From one extreme of the country to another:

Cairngorms, Scotland - looks more like Iceland than Great Britten!
**broken link removed**

Tresco Abbey Gardens, Scilly - looks more like Italy than Great Britten!
**broken link removed**

Some images from Bedford, the nearest town to where I live:

St Paul's church
**broken link removed**

A War Memorial
**broken link removed****broken link removed**

The River Great Ouse - not as great as the name suggests.
**broken link removed**

The Town Centre
**broken link removed**

Bedford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

St Owen's Church in Bromham (the village where I live)
**broken link removed**

Bromham, Bedfordshire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All pictures courtesy of Wikipedia.

I always end up the wrong side of the river when I visit Bedford ;)

You're not too far away from me and Thunderchild then Hero999 - we're only up the road (well the A509) from you :p

Here are some pictures of the UK.

From one extreme of the country to another:

Nice pictures, but it depends what you mean by "extreme of the country". If you mean weather extreames, then you are probably spot on.
However if you mean physical extremities, you can go a long way north from Cairngorm and still be in the UK. 100miles on the UK mainland will get you to John o'Goats, then another 150 miles or so in a boat or plane will get you to Unst the most northerly of the Shetland Islands.
Here can be found the most northerly post office in the UK.
Baltasound Post Office - most northerly in Britain:: OS grid HP6208 :: Geograph British Isles - photograph every grid square!
(A good quiz question!)

JimB

so what's was the response to Prague?

I am going there in early march

so what's was the response to Prague?

I am going there in early march

We don't seem to have anyone from Prague here :D

My daughter went to order some Crowns to take to Prague with her, and the lady at the Post Office said "going to Prague are you?". The lady at the Post Office went about this time last year, she says that most outdoor cafes have heating, so it's quite pleasant at this time of the year. She also advised eating in the old quarter, where prices are a lot lower.

Did he go there to get warm? :D

Isreal is not the best bet to get warm unless you stay close to the impact point of a rocket made in Iran. :D

Thailand is less dangerous and has three seasons: the hot season, the very hot season and the f... hot season. Right now the thermometer reaches +35 deg/C at noon climbing steadily from day to day and reaching 45 to 50 deg/C in April.

Hans

Well it snowed here on Monday and there's more to come.

Flights have been delayed, many schools have closed and the buses aren't running in London.

Just to keep you informed, my daughter flew to Prague last night :D

Had an email from her today, taxi took them to the wrong hotel - they eventually walked to the correct one (half an hour), to be told it had been misbooked - so they had to walk to a third hotel.

It's been snowing, but they actually have grit there, and clear both the roads and the pavements.

Interestingly she emailed from a combined "Internet Cafe/Chinese Resturant" - right up her street, she likes Chinese :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back