Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone have or know an alternative to this part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salviablue

Anyone know of an alternative, or maybe even has this part please?
APM3055L N-channel field effect MOSFET
Its for an ATi Radeon 9200SE video card i picked up for £5 but dropped it damaging this MOSFET! (Or it was already damaged and thats why i got it for a fiver!)
Please help?!?
Cheers

replacing MOSFET APM3055L

Thanks for the reply.
Its the TO-252 (DPAK) But i could use either
I have already got the datasheet for this but i am not entirely sure as to which lines in the data are the critical readings to match with another MOSFET?

Plus I am not entirely sure as how to go about looking up a viable replacement? Should i just google for n channel MOSFETs, hunt the datasheets, then compare the values? Then find out which ones are actually available to purchase NOT in thousands but just a few (W/no min order!)?

I am not entirely `up` on the critical values and influencers of these MOSFETs

Cheers!

Hi,

I'd do a bit 'o' research like the guys suggested, but as you pointed out, availability can be a problem. Rapidonline.com has plenty of components, cheap, as does farnell.com and rswww.com.......the last two have minimum orders though. It's all very well finding a 'perfect' match, but if you cant get hold of the bugger then its not much use. At a guess I'd say any N-channel MOSFET, with *similar* specs would do...it is a graphics card after all, not a high powered inverter, check if it has inbuilt diodes though, some do, some don't...I'm not really up on MOSFETs.

Gah, I need a decent graphics card...wonder where I could get hold of some decent comp parts cheap...repairing them would be a challenge (yes, I'm sad).

Good luck,

Blueteeth.

MOSFET replacement. Removing MOSFET?

Thankyou very much to everyone that replied.
I have just picked up an old 32MB graphics card for a few quid of the market because it has a MOSFET with the same numbers in `3055`. I busequently looked up its data and it is an N channel, field effect MOSFET (PHD3055L) which i am going top use. Just one thing though, how do I get it off the board with out damaging the MOSFET? I tried desoldering, the legs come off no probs but i cant get the body off as it is fully soldered on. I dont want to apply too much heat so as to damage the component?

salviablue said:
Thankyou very much to everyone that replied.
I have just picked up an old 32MB graphics card for a few quid of the market because it has a MOSFET with the same numbers in `3055`. I busequently looked up its data and it is an N channel, field effect MOSFET (PHD3055L) which i am going top use. Just one thing though, how do I get it off the board with out damaging the MOSFET? I tried desoldering, the legs come off no probs but i cant get the body off as it is fully soldered on. I dont want to apply too much heat so as to damage the component?

You have to apply enough heat to unsolder it's heatsink tab from the board - however, silicon semiconductors can take a considerable amount of heat!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back