Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone have contact details for large_ghostman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Western

Just as the title says ... does anyone have contact details for large_ghostman who was a prolific poster here over the years. He seemed to disappear suddenly a couple of years ago and I'd love to get in touch with him. Thanks.

Last we heard he was deceased.

I believe little_ghostman took over large_ghostman's name some time after his dad died, but has not been here in quite some time. Little_gm is scary smart for those who never got to know him

Thank you all for the input so far ... tho' nearly had a heart attack with the suggestion he had died.

I'd had a few convo's with Large_Ghostman via pm ... and that was definitely the young fella at the time ... and he said that his dad had died. I had wondered about the little_ghostman username and just assumed he changed his name for some reason.

Certainly agree that he is one extremely smart young man. Still hoping someone might know how to reach him. Thanks.

Thank you all for the input so far ... tho' nearly had a heart attack with the suggestion he had died.

I'd had a few convo's with Large_Ghostman via pm ... and that was definitely the young fella at the time ... and he said that his dad had died. I had wondered about the little_ghostman username and just assumed he changed his name for some reason.

Certainly agree that he is one extremely smart young man. Still hoping someone might know how to reach him. Thanks.

The only thing that springs to mind is that they had moved to Scotland (and fairly remote?) back when the father was still alive, and there was a bit of confusion about who was who, with the son sometimes using the fathers name on these forums (although to be fair, it may well have just been using the same computer, and already logged in).

I'm guessing that he may have...
- become disenchanted with forums (he threatened to leave many times because of unfair treatment from moderators on various forums)
- "offed" himself in one of his high voltage experiments, or
- found a girlfriend

I found him to be one of the more entertaining pains-in-the-arse around here (but still a distant second to me).

Perfectly, he was a teenage boy, it's perfectly normal behaviour at that age.

For a teenage boy to have a crush on a girl? perfectly normal, yes.
Embarrassing to ateenage boy? Yes. Actually, more like, YES!
Normal for some middle-age guy to be spilling details and rating his own daughter? Just plain gross. Actually, more like, JUST PLAIN GROSS!

not often we agree Pommie!

For a teenage boy to have a crush on a girl? perfectly normal, yes.
Embarrassing to ateenage boy? Yes. Actually, more like, YES!
Normal for some middle-age guy to be spilling details and rating his own daughter? Just plain gross. Actually, more like, JUST PLAIN GROSS!

not often we agree Pommie!

I'll really don't see any issue at all?, and Logan wasn't at all embarrassed or he wouldn't have brought it up, and I certainly never 'rated' my daughter - however, if you both feel so strongly I'll happily remove it - it was just an 'aside' to add a little context to his disappearance.

I believe we had ghostman (Logan's father) and little ghostman (ghostman). Then little ghost man became large ghostman. My psychological profile says I have an inordinate attention to detail, but my memory is faulty and so I won't remember total specifics like spelling. t is a form of OCD, but not necessarily a bad thing.

When I built stuff for work, I;d build it as a modular appliance. It might still be there 30 years later.

When i fixed stuff, I never wanted to see it again.

I wanted stuff easy to troubleshoot. All yellow wire would annoy me. Hardwired to the building and to a rack would annoy me.

Wiring not neat would annoy me, although clutter in general is OK. I usually remember where I put stuff (e.g. books) and not the actual technique)

Another example: I had panels in multiple rooms all connected. My rule, was to have lights in a panel powered by that panel. it was OK to activate a relay, but not a light from a panel in another room. Indirectly, I could activate a relay and then a light, but with separate power sources. One local, one remote. he main reason is that all externals were confined and it killed power to the panel, I just need to stay away from a particular section.

I didn't like to fix the same problem 2x.

We used to hard-wire some vacuum pumps. Now they all had plugs. Pumps had KF flanges on them. Swaps for a rebuilt pump were now easy and they didn't involve me for rewiring. Modifications were made a the next swap.

I identified that an oil mister was missing, so they were added when convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back