Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone have a tech sheet for a Phillips LCD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrafus

Sorry, subject wasn't long enough to get the specifics in, it's a Phillips Character Display 13200 (LPH7765 - 1). I was only able to find out what it was, nothing else, I tried a google search on the part number, and that's all I got. And since my books are limited, I can't find anything out, if anyones got access to a tech sheet I'd appreciate it, I got it in my bulk box from EGM, so it's got no details on it, wanted to know if I could use it in a portable mp3 player, or possibly a pager like system.

Try read the controller IC type. If it is HD44780, i've datasheet about communication.

This particluar LCD didn't come with an IC controller, just the LCD. Like I said it came in my box of miscellaneous stuff, and it's a good LCD, nice and compact, so I don't want to waste it.

If it's listed somewhere I'll try to find it...

The only other thing on the LCD is Q0437628

Dunno what this is, I tried searching for it... but came up with nothing.

Take about 50...60cm wire and a needle. Connect the wire to pin1, and with needle touch the other pin(s). If cannot activated any segment, choose another first pin for wire. With this method You can find the backplane(s) and segments.

I did try that, with every single combination, all 49 of them, but only one kinda worked, it just put up two little lines and then faded, so I guess that would be Vin and Vout, but after that it just kind of faded out and wouldn't come back on, so I dunno if I fried it or anything, I only used 3v so I wouldn't cause any problems, but again without knowing what kind of voltage this thing can handle I may have put too much into it.

I'm sure You can find the pinout only with wire and needle. You wrote: something line was black,then fade - this is normal. The LCD work with AC voltage and can activate with hum (50 or 60Hz noise from wire and body via needle, without any power.) Normally the common (backplane) and the segment use a reverse phase rectangular signal for activating (black), and common phase for inactivity.The frequency 20...100Hz.

Sebi said:
Take about 50...60cm wire and a needle. Connect the wire to pin1, and with needle touch the other pin(s). If cannot activated any segment, choose another first pin for wire. With this method You can find the backplane(s) and segments.

sorry to dig such a old post..

i want to ask whether is this applicable to segment lcd or applicable to character lcds?

is it usable with any kind of wire(wire wrapping wire?) and needle, or you need specific kind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back