Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone else ever done this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 'scope stopped working, it went back to china to the manfacturer, it came back working, it was the same 'scope too, the only bad thing was it had a broken warranty seal on return, but it carried on working past the end of the warranty so thats fine.
I bought a kenwood amp from a hifi centre, 6 months laterit packed in, after a freindly converstation with their engineer he gave me a bag of o/p tranies and I fixed said amp myself.

I did warranty repairs and claims for decades, I've no idea how you've never had occasion to make a warranty claim?, perhaps you're just incredibly lucky.

You do know he's USA based, and the US is close to Canada, so maybe he got things meant to be sold in Canada. Canada only has the best things you know.

Nope never did. When I was an electronic tech many years ago I repaired circuit boards some companies especially Honeywell had no part number only factory assembly line number they did not want anyone to repair their circuit boards Honeywell was so greedy they want you to buy another $1500 circuit board that was only worth $50 they know you can not buy repair parts from anyone else. I tested good parts before they went bad then trial & error I found replacements that worked. Then we went on a mission to make sure other factories had part number for maintenance repairs. Then the company I worked for went on a mission to haul all Honeywell equipment to the scrap metal yard then replace all Honeywell equipment with another companies equipment. The company I worked for had about 2000 factories in the USA they made many unrelated products each line of products had a different company name,. Once I showed my boss how much money could be saved in our maintenance repair cost but other over priced items still could not be replaced Honeywell could hold us at ransom buy our parts at our prices or your equipment will not make parts the company I worked for started trashing all Honeywell equipment. Example, Honeywell was selling 50 cent micro switches for $150 each. I called Microswitch company and talked to engineering department I was told Honeywell buys microswitches made with no part numbers it is listed as priority part made special just for Honeywell. That made the board of directors so mad they ordered all Honeywell equipment replaced in all there factories. LOL I have been retired 15 years I never hear about Honeywell these days I wonder of those sneaky snakes are still in business. HOME electrical appliance / piece of equipment, are not made to be repaired these days.

Last edited:
Nope, never did that.

Never actually did a warranty claim either. Once the lower part of my wife's vacuum quit working. Sent an email to Shark. Warranty was up but they sent me a brand new bottom section including the brush motor.

Ron

Nope, never did that.

Never actually did a warranty claim either. Once the lower part of my wife's vacuum quit working. Sent an email to Shark. Warranty was up but they sent me a brand new bottom section including the brush motor.

Ron

Wow. What a good company - even better than I thought. I hope they survive the economic standstill.
IRobot (Rumba) needed some competition.

When I was an electronic tech many years ago I repaired circuit boards some companies especially Honeywell had no part number only factory assembly line number they did not want anyone to repair their circuit boards Honeywell was so greedy they want you to buy another $1500 circuit board that was only worth $50 they know you can not buy repair parts from anyone else. I tested good parts before they went bad then trial & error I found replacements that worked. Then we went on a mission to make sure other factories had part number for maintenance repairs. Then the company I worked for went on a mission to haul all Honeywell equipment to the scrap metal yard then replace all Honeywell equipment with another companies equipment. The company I worked for had about 2000 factories in the USA they made many unrelated products each line of products had a different company name,. Once I showed my boss how much money could be saved in our maintenance repair cost but other over priced items still could not be replaced Honeywell could hold us at ransom buy our parts at our prices or your equipment will not make parts the company I worked for started trashing all Honeywell equipment. Example, Honeywell was selling 50 cent micro switches for $150 each. I called Microswitch company and talked to engineering department I was told Honeywell buys microswitches made with no part numbers it is listed as priority part made special just for Honeywell. That made the board of directors so mad they ordered all Honeywell equipment replaced in all there factories. LOL I have been retired 15 years I never hear about Honeywell these days I wonder of those sneaky snakes are still in business. HOME electrical appliance / piece of equipment, are not made to be repaired these days.

Back in the later days of British Coal, a friend of mine was working there as an accountant - and he noticed an anomaly with a specific part that they used a LOT of (don't know what it was, but it was used actually down the mines). Every year they increased the part number by one, and doubled the price of it.

As a conscientious accountant he brought this to the attention of the 'higher ups' and was almost sacked over it, as they were in on the scam and collecting large payments from the company concerned.

Last edited:
Wow. What a good company - even better than I thought. I hope they survive the economic standstill.
IRobot (Rumba) needed some competition.
Yeah, and they work good. Looked at Dyson but as to bang for the buck Shark was good and their customer support was really great. The thing was out of warranty and around here a vacuum takes a beating eating dog hair. Once I knew it was full but kept going as I wanted to finish before I emptied it. The thing quit. I let it cool down and away it went again. Good thermal protection, I tested it. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back