Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anyone do BGA rework in Alabama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeh100

I have a problem with the GPU (AMD 4xxx chip) on a laptop motherboard. I've temporarily fixed it by reflowing with a hot air gun, but I know from experience that this won't last. It needs to be reballed with lead solder.

Lol, I don't think Tintronics would want to help me get my laptop going, and if they did I could get a new laptop cheaper. I'm hoping to find someone with the equipment in their home shop that I can take stuff to when I need to without waiting 2 weeks and paying extra for shipping. Of course I'm willing to pay them though.

I'm sure I could find someone in Huntsville but was hoping to find someone in the Birmingham area.

With all the problems I've been seeing with lead free solder lately I'm almost tempted to buy the equipment myself. I just don't think it would get enough use by myself to justify it. I mainly do repairs for friends and family for free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back