Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

anyone can help me to build inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on the wrong side of the world and don’t have ready access to a set of specs. What is the rating of the 2N3055, the input voltage and the output transformer you intend to use and the maximum harmonic distortion you can tolerate? You say 100 to 500 watts. Is that the input power spec you are trying to say will idle at 100 watts no load to 500 watts maximum load?

You realize that these things are nothing more than a battery powered oscillator into the low voltage side of a transformer, correct?

600 watts go for $20-$30 off the shelf, and will be much better than you can home-brew. Depends on what you plan to run off it, some stuff is a little more sensitive to what you feed it. I recently picked up a 1500 watt inverter for $59 (free shipping too), but unfortunately didn't come with battery cables, which could run me another $30. Wish I hadn't junk all those cars last year... Oh, you can find 100 watt inverters all over the web, and many local stores, even convenience stores, for under $10 (universal cell phone car charger). It's one thing to get the output, another to keep it stable under load.

Back in high school (18 years ago now) I designed my own 750 watt inverter that used all 2N3055's as the power switching devices. 22 of them to be exact. It did work fair but it ran hot and had rather poor voltage regulation.
One advantage to using the 2N3055's was that my drive circuits where rather slow on the switching transitions and by adding a power factor correction capacitor to help stabilize and improve its output efficiency it produced a rather decent sine wave as an accidental result.

Still for the work and time involved plus that the parts cost more than what you can buy a modern inverter for there is no reason to build one. No matter where you live you will need to order parts any way and the cost for those parts plus shipping is still less than what you can order a factory made inverter for that will far out perform any home made unit.

If you can scrounge all of the parts then yes its possible to build one cheap but still its not just a simple thing to do.

With out the inverter he can't power his soldering gun to make the PCB maybe? :rolleyes:

With out the inverter he can't power his soldering gun to make the PCB maybe?
**broken link removed**

Branding cattle or torturing the slaves? :eek:

I want to see someone solder an 8 pin DIP IC with one of those! ;)

Mr RB with a LOT of flux maybe hehehe

Touche! I like the soldering "coppers". Was out on Yap, an island in the far Pacific, around 84ish. Used a local fellow's Weller D-550 to solder a cat whisker on a CDC 300 meg hard drive head. Of course, the tip was useless after, I had filed so much away. But, it got the drive back up!

Two planes a week, and one (1), count 'em, one submarine cable circuit out to the world. Parts were minimum of four days away, by air, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back