Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anybody think these are a good buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmn_tech

Hope the attachment worked.

Price 35.00 GBP

Attachments

• RM2800_512.doc
    394.5 KB · Views: 259
Given that the majority of that system's hardware and software components cost more than £35 individually, I assume that was a typo.

It's no typo I have about 46 of them to dispose of. (non profit recycling)

You would need to collect or arrange a carrier.

To the person who left a reputation comment of "This is a scam if ever I saw one" I have now given 22 of these away to families that have no other way to puchase a computer. the rest were sold at £35 to help cover recycling costs of the many many older machines that I had to dispose of. I've got another 200 coming soon a bit more modern I hope.

Seems real enough to me.:D
The local school systems and some bigger business here often run an add in the paper selling or usually just giving away similar computers when they get major technology system upgrades. It make sense to me that other places in the world would do it as well.
It keeps them out or the landfill and does allow the lower income and more resourceful people to get basic systems on the cheap for what ever purposes they can still use them for.

I think its nice your doing it. :D

Last time I checked UKP35 was around US$50.

It's worth buying one as long as the licenses for the software come with it. At a later date you could clone the HD into a more powerful machine and have a very nice system.

Mike.

We have a similar place here in town that you can bring your old electronics to for recycling. They refurb computers and either sell cheap or donate to charities. The other stuff gets separated and sent for further recycling.

Great place to go if you need printer parts.

Yea, they still charge $80-90 USD for Windows around here. So it is a deal with the XP sticker on the side. rmn_tech. That is a good thing you are doing. I give our old machine to a friend that cleans them up and does the same thing.

I use an OEM version of windows (fully Licensed) and the serial number from the XP sticker then each machine is internet activated.

HarveyH42 I was not advertising I was merely asking for opinions.

Hi rmn,
they look cheap to me, I buy Dell PC's from a local auction in Bolton, Lancs, and they are about 30 - 40 GBP for a P4 with a COA for windows XP.

Do yours have the COA for office? if so, that's a great price, and it's a great thing you are doing there.
(if there's no COA for office, be careful as M$ are a bit aggressive these days).

Jim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back