Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Anybody interested in helping start a new project website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukeee

Would anybody be interested in helping with a new project website. The basic idea is that a project idea would be submitted by a member and then other members would help to develop the idea and produce a working design. Hopefully this would allow people to tackle more adventurous projects than they would have on their own. The circuit diagrams, p.c.bs, tutorials etc would then be made available on the website for other people to use.

It's only an idea at the moment but if I get a positive response I will develop it further.

That's a great idea...

I'll be happy to be one of the first members to be there....

Use a .php script to make it easier to post.... :wink:

Glad you think its a good idea i'll start getting on to it. I know a little php, so I was kinda thinking along those lines, maybe using a content management script like phpNuke. Anyway I'll keep you posted on how it is going. Hopefully will have a homepage set up in the next few days.

Thanks for all the encouragement, has anybody got any ideas about for a domain name, most of the obvious ones have already been taken so it will have to be something a bit different.

HELLO EVERYONE!!! my first post :D I think it would be great to startup a "home" page. Like, www.aqua-soft.org and www.aquaxp.com. They started out like the same way . Basically starting a whole new community on the web! So, I look forward to seeing this new "nieghborhood" on the net and if help be needed, help be there :oops:

BTW, if you havent found a hosting service yet. I recomend www.zl6.net
They've hosted my site (www.carsongarage.com) and a few others that didn't go so well :oops: for the past three years. Awesome customer support and they even accept paypal! A few times ive been late on payments and they never nagged or shut down the site. So check them out.......oh yhea the domain name. hmm..... how'bout www.electroschemers.com(?) lol anyways... lates!

Hi everyone, I've started to build the website, I chose www.electronicprojects.org as the domain name. And have chosen to provisionally use Land Down Under as the conent management program **broken link removed** so hopefully it will be up in the next day or so, just waiting on the hosting company to sort my account out.

Website online

The website has now been set up at www.electronicprojects.org, I am a few days away from accepting projects but I have set up the forum and wrote a short article about my ideas for the website. Please visit the site and leave any sugestions you have in the forum. If you are interested in helping with the site, submitting a project please visit the site and leave me (i'm the user called admin) a private message, thanks for all your support lets hope we can build a good site.

Isn't this forum for that? Just that no one really posts in the project sections.

Anyway, I have a clock I have been working on for a while, got a few hours worth of work done on it. Needs a more accurate crystal. I quit working on it though when I sat down and figured up the cost of actually producing one of theese clocks.... $100 or so for everything, assuming $50 goes towads a professional PCB shop.

Current Specs: