Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

any1 can guide me to FM trnsmitter Receiver for 1Km or more

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkhalid

hi fellows.
is there any 1 who can guide me abt designing an FM Transmitter and Receiver for 1 km or More Range. or is there any IC which can prform the same task.
1 thing necessary to mention is that i cant desighn the project as not in professional field. so plz treat me as a student.
thanks to all of u.

The FM transmitter given in our Projects Section can be modified to increase the range. In the output power stage befor antenna you can use a power transistor like BD139 to increase the transmission power.
WARNING: Transmitting any type of data over radio frequency band for more than 100 meters is illegal without license from FCC. So be careful before any experimentation.

ready made boards available in the market

hi
u can get ready made fm transmitter boards for as cheap as rs 25
in india,u in pakistan convert it into its equivalent.for transmitting over
1 km u don't need to worry abt the reciever.only the current supplied to the transmitter unit is to be bothered abt.for 1 km dist 5 volts should suffice ,if the there is a direct line of transmission (straight line or else) u need to design circuits and enter into rf communication.
hope this is of any use to u.
bye

FM transmitter kit

Take a sken at this ...
**broken link removed**

if the there is a direct line of transmission (straight line or else) u need to design circuits and enter into rf communication.
hope this is of any use to u.
RF waves are omni directional waves. The spread in all directions and not only in one direction as mentioned by elgeek.

True that RF is omni directional, but you can control the direction with different types of antennas. Like a four element collinear array, or a six element Yagi. Those two produce a pretty staight line. It makes you wonder how they get Space wave or Direct wave propagation.

hi
by direct line of communication i meant no obstruction in th epath of rf waves.if there are buildings (as an eg) for the the ready made ckt i was talking abt u can't transmit it for over a km.moreever the transmission frequency must not interere with the exsisting fm transmission by the
govt organ: fm radio.there are stringent laws used by every govt which restricts the use of rf for communication purposes.u can transmit in the citizens band.u don't need to worry abt antennas for hobby proj:.just a simple wire would do,even a bread board wire with an open end .
if it is for a serious application which u intend commercilaising then u need to get license and lot other headaches which i am not aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back