Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any suggestions for a start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelectric

I'm a student pursuing a degree in electrical engineering. I'm very excited and enthusiastic about learning and "playing" with new projects and ideas in the electrical field. I love the posts everyone here puts out. Its seems many people here are very experienced and have a lot to offer and I'm happy to feel a part. I've been looking around for a small project thats not too costly and beneficial to my education and understanding. I really want to learn how to program PICs as I've read a lot about them and they seem very interesting and productive. There is so much out there and I'm hoping to soak in anything and everything I can.

So, I wanted to ask what you all think at where I should begin. Do you think hobby kits are a good start? or what was your first project?

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. :)

_Joe
Orange County, California

Cheap kits are a good place to start, get some practice in soldering and building circuits from a schematic. Spend a lot of time at a library too, it's cheaper to read books there than it is to buy them. Their selection is usually a bit dated bit the older books are still pertinent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back