Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

any project that uses flip-flops

Status
Not open for further replies.

she_devil12ph10

well my teacher want us to make a project any project using a flip-flop. Hard project huh. well can i ask for your help pls.

You can make Winking Eyes using J-K master slave flip flop. Connect Q output of Flip-Flop to one LED and Q\ to other LED. Tie J and K inputs to Vcc. Apply slow clock (around 1Hz) to clock pin. This will make LEds to go on and off alternately. Very simple thing. :)

Or you can make ring counter using several Flip-Flops. If LEDs are connected to output of each Flip-flop, and initially the counter is loaded with 0001, then the circuit will make the LED run in a sequential order on each clock pulse. Simple circuit.

Or you can make a touch switch using T Flip-Flop which will turn the connected load ON/OFF on touching the touch plate. A bit complex circuit.

ii have made one

well my second year final project was about 0-99 counter made with flip-flop.unfortunately i erased mine from my hdd. ihad the schema drawn but this link should help u too ithink.!we made it with 2 7447chip and 2 7490 chip.

flip-flop project

I had to do a uni assignment with flip-flops.
We had to make 4 flip-flops count in a predetermined sequence (our student number) i.e 04518369 then repeat.

Its an interesting project because it demonstrates the use of karnaugh maps and circuit simplification.
I would be happy to post my solution to this simple project.

An old favourite still in use...Electronic Dice
[/img]

Attachments

• edice.jpg
    edice.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,783
Tansis - just a bit of nit-picking - your diagram of the 555 doesn't show power supply or reset connections ( pins 1,4,8 ). I know it is usually omitted from logic gates, but for other ICs it is normally shown. And regarding the 'roll' switch - whilst it does work this way, wouldn't it be more conventional to put an NO switch between supply and pin 4?

Hello Phasor, well spotted.
I to used a more conventional circuit when I last built this, but perhaps a more elegant solution would be to use the spare logic to form an oscillator.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back