Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Any project suggestions for a newbie??

Status
Not open for further replies.

freerichie85

Hi all..
I'm new to this board and to the world of electronics.. I've just finished my first year of Engg in Electronics and Communication. I've learnt some basics in electronic devices and circuits.. Do you techies got any small basic project for me? I'm very eager to start it so that I might do something great in future!! PLS... Help this newbie.. help me swim in electronics..
Thanks,
Richie

Heya Freerichie! Welcome!

There is a lot of room to swim in electronics. I suppose it depends on your field of interest.

Assuming that you've already messed around with the general "newby" circuits such as the 555 timer, and general Op-amp circuits, etc. I would suggest messing around with power supply circuits, as they form the "beginning point" for many circuits, specifically circuits that use AC power and covert (rectify) to DC. I would become familiar with transformers, rectifiers, voltage regulation, capacitor filtering, voltage dividers etc. A simple project that surrounds a power supply would be to build a power supply that rectifies AC to DC, then outputs a given voltage / current. Through this experimentation, you can build a power supply for your circuits on down the road. If you're not comfortable with working with AC mains lines yet, then I would let this project rest until you have a better understanding of electronics.

As a starter, I suggest looking here:
https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/power/index.html

specifically the LM317 power supply. ( I think there is 3 or 4 different versions to chose from)

If you're not into power supplies, then check this page out. You can scroll through and find a circuit that sparks your interest.
https://www.commlinx.com.au/schematics.htm

If you're just beginning, and haven't begun to make any circuits yet, you might want to build something simple, like an LED flasher using transistors, or a 555 timer. You can expand from there and make some neat LED displays etc. If you're not into LED's, I suggest working with OP-Amps and learning about how to create comparators, oscillators, amplifiers, and voltage followers with an OP AMP. What you learn here will pay off on down the road. Here's a link to a simple OP-AMP tutorial which is pretty "down-to-earth" so to speak:

here's a tutorial on the 555 timer with some simple circuits to build and analyze:

PS> The people in this forum are generally VERY helpful with questions, if you have any.

Good luck and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back