Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Antenna for a Colour Pinhole Lens Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

danos

Hello everybody....

I can unerstand that i ask for a very specific issue but...

....i try to find out which are the appropriate type of antennas for my transmitter and reciever choosen.
I have the camera and the tranceiver datasheets as follows...

Thanks for your attention and your help!!

Sorry I cant get the attachment.....

if you go to RS.....
the Colour Pinhole Lens Cameras with stock number: 3975137

and the Tranceiver with stock number: 461-8251

By the way... i think the antenna should be Dipole :wink:
any ideas????? :?:

CCTV at 2.4 GHz

Hi Danos,

I run a couple of 2G4Hz links for my CCTV stuff, one link is about 200 metres through tree tops.
As for your choice of aerial it depends on what you are wanting to achieve...
if both transmitter and receiver are fixed (as in building to building) then you can use directional aerials, if either will be roaming (kite aerial photography or hamster's backpack) then at least one aerial will need to be omnidirectional.

I use Yagi (directional) at both ends (Tx and Rx) as I'm up against it with the trees, I need all the help I can get for a useable signal. The actual aerials I use are discontinued ( :roll: ) but as you have RadioSpares
I guess you can get at Maplin (in the UK) WWW.Maplin.co.uk. They have a directional that claims better spec and is cheaper - code L19AG, about £60 each.
They also sell small dipole types (code DV72P) for about £10 if you want an omnidirectional set-up.

Also worth looking at is **broken link removed**, their 1.2W 2.4GHz transmitter is pretty good :wink: , and those aerials look quite reasonable.

I did see plans for a 2.4GHz Yagi on the internet, someone in America built one in a Pringles tube - can't find my link to it at the moment. He was using two for a computer link (Bluetooth?) between buildings.

Hope that helps...

ps. that RS stock number for the transmitter/reciever ... that looks like hard work, a bare module :? ; I think I would have chosen one of the ready-to-use Txs and Rxs on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back