Another Wiresless Sensor Network post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wond3rboy

Hi, i am back and this time i have a question about the options that i possibly have for implementing a Wireless Sensor Network. Its for a bridge monitoring system, the bridge is a concrete bridge(the simplest kind). I did do very little work with Microchips MRF24J40MA Zigbee modules but i could manage very little(the stack was too heavy for my 4620 and i had to leave it in the middle due to the project date being passed and I haven't used the radios since). I have been looking at the Xbee pro running at 2.4GHz and costing 37$ and being an out of the box solution. The other option is to get the Microchip MRF24J40MB or the MRF24J40MC(having an external antenna connector for which i will need to buy separately i presume), each module costs 17.37$. I am looking for a hop distance(to be on the safe side) of 50-70m depending of the relaibility of the data transfer. I wanted your opinions counting the extra effort that i would require and the cost. I am looking at making 4 nodes minimum.

I was also looking at the TinyOS but found it used in AVRs only so i have cancelled that out since i will need to AVRs first. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…