Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another Wiresless Sensor Network post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wond3rboy

Hi, i am back and this time i have a question about the options that i possibly have for implementing a Wireless Sensor Network. Its for a bridge monitoring system, the bridge is a concrete bridge(the simplest kind). I did do very little work with Microchips MRF24J40MA Zigbee modules but i could manage very little(the stack was too heavy for my 4620 and i had to leave it in the middle due to the project date being passed and I haven't used the radios since). I have been looking at the Xbee pro running at 2.4GHz and costing 37$ and being an out of the box solution. The other option is to get the Microchip MRF24J40MB or the MRF24J40MC(having an external antenna connector for which i will need to buy separately i presume), each module costs 17.37$. I am looking for a hop distance(to be on the safe side) of 50-70m depending of the relaibility of the data transfer. I wanted your opinions counting the extra effort that i would require and the cost. I am looking at making 4 nodes minimum.

I was also looking at the TinyOS but found it used in AVRs only so i have cancelled that out since i will need to AVRs first. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back