Another oscilloscope repair question Leader LS 8106A

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweatybetty

Hello all.
I posted a question a couple of years ago https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/oscilloscope-help-needed.153196/ put the scope on a shelf and forgot about it. In the meantime, Ive tried to educate myself in electronics repairs which is much easier for me hands on rather than by reading, so here I am.
What Im hoping for is someone that can take a little time looking at the horizontal board schematics and help by identifying the various sections.
I have verified all the voltages from the power supply are correct.
With the horizontal position centered, the output to the horizontal deflection plates are X+ 121V X- 22V no dot on screen.
If I go full CCW I get a dot on the screen not quite center and the voltages at X+ and X- are closer to equal.
Am I correct in thinking that the output voltages on X+ and X- should rise and fall alternately which moves the beam across the screen? If so, I need to identify which section on the board does that.
As far as test gear, I have another scope, signal generator and a few volt meters.

Thanks all sb

Attachments

• LS 8105A LS 8106A SERVICE MANUAL.pdf
    19.4 MB · Views: 242
The manual failed to upload. It ends in .part

It's the voltage across the scope plates. plate to plate. 0 should be roughly the center.

I dont know what happened with the file, but here is another try. Anyone else having any trouble?

Attachments

• LS 8105A LS 8106A SERVICE MANUAL.pdf
    19.4 MB · Views: 224
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…