another game show buzzer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

essenz

I search through the forum and some info, but not enough. My friends and I want to build a game show buzzer like that of Family Fued. Two person buzzer (or light), that locks out the other.

Of my friends, I am the only who can physically build it - but have no idea as to the design. Can anyone help?

Key is, it has to be simply. I found a schematic online using SCR's or Triacs. But I know nothing about part numbers, and the part numbers used in that schematic are like 30 years old, and I cant find them anywhere.

The schematic I found is at http://www.techlib.com/electronics/graphics/simplegame.gif

I could use that, but I need to know the part number of a commonly available SCR that will work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
John

Use something like a MCR22-6RLRA or any 1.5Amp or higher rated SCR. If you use different bulbs, just size the SCRs so they can handle the current; apx 2x the bulb current.

Hmmm, I dont think that helps me much.

The original schematic calls for non-sensitive gate SCR, but all I keep finding are sensitive gate components.

This is becoming more difficult then I though. Does anyone know of a more simply schematic I can use?

So far the only parts I have are the push buttons. They are not momentary, rather on/off style buttons. They are used for shutting off power equipment, button is pushed in, then pulled out to reset. The reason why I went with these is because the are very large and RED.

-John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…