Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

another game show buzzer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

essenz

I search through the forum and some info, but not enough. My friends and I want to build a game show buzzer like that of Family Fued. Two person buzzer (or light), that locks out the other.

Of my friends, I am the only who can physically build it - but have no idea as to the design. Can anyone help?

Key is, it has to be simply. I found a schematic online using SCR's or Triacs. But I know nothing about part numbers, and the part numbers used in that schematic are like 30 years old, and I cant find them anywhere.

The schematic I found is at http://www.techlib.com/electronics/graphics/simplegame.gif

I could use that, but I need to know the part number of a commonly available SCR that will work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
John

Use something like a MCR22-6RLRA or any 1.5Amp or higher rated SCR. If you use different bulbs, just size the SCRs so they can handle the current; apx 2x the bulb current.

Hmmm, I dont think that helps me much.

The original schematic calls for non-sensitive gate SCR, but all I keep finding are sensitive gate components.

This is becoming more difficult then I though. Does anyone know of a more simply schematic I can use?

So far the only parts I have are the push buttons. They are not momentary, rather on/off style buttons. They are used for shutting off power equipment, button is pushed in, then pulled out to reset. The reason why I went with these is because the are very large and RED.

-John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back