Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Another beginner question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rom7

Hi im very interested in learning about electronics but am wondering how intelligent do you have to be ? What IQ is required to pursue it all the way to advanced topics like PIC?

How can anyone answer this question and keep a straight face. ROTFLMAO
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

JimB

I am clever now but I used to be thick.
My IQ is about 100 +/- 99

Hi im very interested in learning about electronics but am wondering how intelligent do you have to be ? What IQ is required to pursue it all the way to advanced topics like PIC?

hi,
The fact that you are interested in learning is good enough, you will never stop having to learn,
because the topics you learn today will be old hat in a few years.

Trust me I'm an expert!:rolleyes:;)

Last edited:
Just beware of suggestions from folks that list their degrees in their forum profile signatures. ;)

Last edited:

I made it all the way to PICs, and I'm dumber than a football bat.

It's more aptitude and desire than IQ that determines whether you can succeed in learning electronics and computers. If you have a logical mind with an eye for detail then you should be ok. Some aspects of electronics such as electric and magnetic circuits and fields require a fair amount of mathematics which can be daunting for some. But other areas such as digital circuits, logic design, and computer programming do not generally require as high level of math knowledge.

I made it all the way to PICs, and I'm dumber than a football bat.

Football bat? Oh that is a joke ha, Guess my IQ just took a plunge...:)

Hi im very interested in learning about electronics but am wondering how intelligent do you have to be ?
Depends whether it's digital or analog. Analog requires actual reasoning ability....... I think digital just means you have to be able to play dungeons and dragons and know how to change a mother board on a PC. Oh, and I think you have to be a virgin.:eek:

Last edited:
i was electronically poor like you.
at least i am a growing.
all you have to do is to grab all the information and put most
them in practice, YOU will spend allot of money, and time
that is the price you must pay to get to your destination.

buy a good electronics textbook, bread board, soldering iron, vero board
do allot of breadboarding

one last thing, learn how to interpret circuits your self and start thinking circuits (draw diagrams on your own)
stay cool

While there are limits to learning that might be correlated with IQ it is unlikely that your IQ is a problem. Curiosity and enthusiasm are far more important.

Some advice that others would support - take your time. Electronics is a very broad area. You can choose to learn all about the physics first then basic electronics, advanced electronics and so on.

You can also start in the middle, so to speak, by building some simple things then working your way backward on the theory, if you desire, and working your way forward as your skills improve. An organized program of study is probably a great approach but not everyone can afford that - and most people do just fine (they are happy) by reading a little, building/experimenting and then discussing their work with others. Pick a subject area that interests you. Robotics might be an example. I can tell you that there are several good publications out there by robotics enthusiasts that provide enough information for you to start working with PICs relatively early in the process. There is no substitute for learning the basics first but the basics can be so boring that you might loose interest. Amateur radio is another special interest area. Many participants get licensed, start enjoying the hobby then back their way into learning.

Good luck and have fun.

curiosity and being vigilant is enough for learn electronics (or any thing)

just have the urge to learn and u can achieve wonders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back